The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £750m, £87m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn company by 2020. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global lifestyle brand.
We are currently looking for an Accountant to work in our office in Copenhagen. You will be responsible to fulfil all local requirements and obligations in relation to accounting, compliance, reporting and payments. Supporting head office, retail and wholesale colleagues and providing business partner support and insight to the Head of Territory as required.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background from a similar role, or might have just finished a relevant degree within Finance, be an excellent communicator, highly organized, adaptable to change, IT literate in advanced Excel and with an excellent eye for detail. You will need to be able to work under pressure.
- Act as the local accounting for 2 entities - including accruals, prepayments and fixed assets
- Handle the bank reconciliation
- Run the purchase ledger (input invoices and pay suppliers) reconciling to general ledger at period end
- Manage and administer the expenses system, checking submissions for completeness
- Process payroll for 60-70 employees, across Denmark and Norway, hereunder: Handle the appendix from our Retail system Samesystem, Post and reconciling the payroll from Dataløn, Maintain holiday pay obligation
- Supply local trial balance to support group month end in the UK
- Compile budgets for Norway and Denmark office and sales teams
- VAT submission and payments
- Lead on the year end local audit
- Project work to implement a new accounting system into the Denmark office
- Excellent within communication skills
- Flexible, have good commercial awareness and have the ability to think outside the box
- Highly results focused with a track record of working to and achieving targets
- Able to use your initiative and have a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Able to work alone, as part of a team and across the different teams within the department
- Excellent on excel
- Able to work with a pro-active approach and focus on continuous process and efficiency improvement
We will process the applications on an ongoing basis, and potentially close the vacancy earlier then the expiry date. Please visit our Superdry Career site to apply, following this link: https://careers.superdry.com/jobs/30974-accountant-job-denmark-finance
We are looking forward to hearing from you.